Preparing For A Civilian Career
When we get out of the military we aren’t always as prepared as we think we are for applying to a civilian job.
In this episode we talk about:
- How to figure out what job you’d be good at.
- Where to get the skills or qualifications you might need for a new career.
- What employers are looking for in a potential employee.
- How to narrow your focus in your job search rather than using a “shotgun” approach.
- How to “talk up” your military experience. Even mundane things like paperwork and urinalysis testing can be spun in a positive manner.
- When to start applying for jobs.
- Where and how to network with potential peers and employers.
Leave a Comment