In this powerful episode, we dive into the pages of “American Grit,” a book authored by John Suzuki that unravels the harrowing history of Japanese concentration camps in the US after Pearl Harbor. John sheds light on the challenges faced by Japanese American men who, despite facing injustices, volunteered to serve in the US military during WWII with unwavering honor and bravery. We hear about their acts of heroism that shaped the course of history. Moreover, John delves into the difficulties that Japanese American soldiers and their families encountered after the war and how their experiences highlight the importance of safeguarding civil liberties and ensuring equal rights for all citizens. Drawing lessons from history, John passionately advocates for preventing such injustices from recurring and creating a more compassionate society. Join us as we explore the resilience and valor of Japanese American veterans and their enduring impact on American history.
Support the Show
- Veteran Suicide & Crisis Line: Dial 988, then press 1
- 4Patriots – use code DRIVEON for 10% off your first order: https://4Patriots.com
- The Patriot Box: https://driveonpodcast.com/recommends/the-patriot-box/
Links & Resources
- Website: http://www.JohnSuzuki.com
- American Grit Book: https://www.amazon.com/American-Grit-Japanese-Concentration-Rises/dp/B0C6BTFHBY