Sarah Otto and Candace Guelzo join the show from the Ohana Homefront Foundation. The foundation aims to provide support for the entire military community – veterans, active duty, guard, reserve, and their families – primarily focusing on mental health awareness and suicide prevention initiatives.
Sarah Otto, co-founder and CEO of the foundation, shares her motivation behind starting this foundation – addressing the mental health challenges faced by military families and instilling a system that doesn’t report back to commands.
Candace Guelzo, serving as the Chief Operating Officer on the Mental Health side, talks about breaking down stigmas around mental health in the military and creating awareness. She champions for a shift in the perspective of treating mental health like overall health. Both guests stress the importance of providing easy access to mental health services and resources.
Support the Show
- Veteran Suicide & Crisis Line: Dial 988, then press 1
- 4Patriots – visit https://4Patriots.com/DriveOn to get the best discounts and deals on survival supplies!
Links & Resources
- Website: https://www.ohanahomefront.org
- Follow Ohana Homefront Foundation on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OhanaHomefrontFoundation
- Follow Ohana Homefront Foundation on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ohana_homefront_foundation
- Follow Ohana Homefront Foundation on X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/OhanaHomefront
- Follow Ohana Homefront Foundation on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ohanahomefront