Rachel Oswalt, a Navy veteran, host of the ‘Your Story Doesn’t End Here’ podcast, and a prominent voice in the military mental health space, shares why mental health preparedness in the military community is crucial and how veterans can navigate resources available to them. Rachel also shared her personal experience with the Navy, exploring the constantly changing and challenging culture, managing her mental health journey, and the loss of friends to suicide. Both Scott and Rachel emphasized the importance of storytelling as a means to raise mental health awareness. Towards the end, they also focused on the need for more mental health resources and support systems for active duty and veterans.
Support the Show
- Veteran Suicide & Crisis Line: Dial 988, then press 1
- 4Patriots – visit https://4Patriots.com/DriveOn to get the best discounts and deals on survival supplies!
Links & Resources
- Website: https://www.ysdeh.com
- Follow Rachel Oswalt on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ysdeh
- Follow Rachel Oswalt on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_ysdeh
- Follow Rachel Oswalt on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-oswalt